3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Insert Replacement Sheet (Win XPSP2; Excel 2002)

I have what I hope is not a stupid question. I have been upgrading worksheets with new formula's, etc to capture data in more efficient manner and to avoid out-of-memory messages. I have updated 12 worksheets in a separate workbook as I did not have enough memory to update and experiment with worksheets in the production workbook.

I have 12 sheets, one for each month. The worksheets are named: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, etc. In the production workbook the same sheets already exist. What I want to do is basically replace the Jan sheet in the production workbook with the newly developed Jan worksheet. I want to do this for each month. Other worksheets in the production workbook reference cells in the twelve worksheets that are to replaced.

Can I "replace" the twelve worksheets without EXCEL creating error messages in all formulas that reference cells in the 12 sheets? For example, I have tried to copy the new ones into the production workbook and Excel re-names then to Jan(2) to distinguish from the original Jan worksheet already in the workbook. But when I delete the original Jan worksheet and rename the Jan(2) worksheet to Jan---the formulas that referrenced cells in the original Jan worksheet still have an error...is there a way to "trick" Excel and actually "replace" a worksheet in a workbook where other sheets in the workbook have formulas that reference cells in the worksheet that is to be replaced?

One other piece of information that I was justed advised to......Is that the employee's PC that I need to "replace" these worksheets now has EXCEL 2007 and I have developed the new worksheets in Excel 2002. Not sure if this variation will be a cause for a different response to my question. THANKS.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insert Replacement Sheet (Win XPSP2; Excel 2002)

You could insert the new sheets (letting Excel rename them).
    Next, use Edit | Replace to replace the 'old' sheet names with the 'new' ones.
    You can now delete the 'old' sheets.
    Finally rename the 'new' sheets.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The difference in versions probably won't matter, unless the 2007 version uses more than 256 columns or 65,536 rows.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Thanks for the advice...I will use it tomorrow when I return to the office...again, thanks! Take care.
    Jim