Lounger
    Thanks

Attach from folder setting (Outlook 2003 or 2007)

In Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) you can set the default file locations for Open files, Auto Recover, Backup et al.

Is there a way to set the default location where Outlook will search for Attachments. When I attach a file, if I navigate to a folder (network or local) to attach something, the next time I attach a file, it will use the same path/folder. I am looking for a setting or hack to make the Outlook attachment open start in a folder other than My Documents. Last folder used is okay, but I would like to set the initial open location to a path much like the Word/Excel file open locations.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attach from folder setting (Outlook 2003 or 2007)

Try these ideas in Slipstick, though I suspect they only reset the default location on each startup of Outlook, not for each File Attach operation.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

For Outlook 2003 see How to set the default attachment folder in Outlook. This may work for Outlook 2007 also.

NOTE: the default is "%userprofileMy Documents" on XP and "%userprofileDocuments" on Vista. Since the registry key is the User Shell, if you change this you'll affect the setting for ALL programs which use the Personal folder setting.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Joe. I am really curious why when I searched the MS KB, this article didn't at least show up. I noticed the keywords on the KB, and I didn't use either of them, but did search for 'default outlook attachment source' and 'default outlook attachment folder' in the Outlook section of Office. Perhaps I used the wrong browser. :-)