Thanks

Grouping taskbar buttons (SP3)

I have the "group similar taskbar buttons" option for the taskbar selected, so if I open a lot of documents, or whatever, eventually instead of appearing as separate buttons on the taskbar, they get stacked. That's fine. But if I then close some of the windows I had open, the buttons don't necessarily unstack again to give separate buttons, which would make navigation between documents easier, even though they were shown separately with that number of open documents before.

Is there any way to force the buttons to appear separately again apart from disabling the grouping option?

Ian

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Grouping taskbar buttons (SP3)

Hello Ian,
    A quick reply. I experience the same; it doesn't "unstack" immediately even if there seems to be place, it takes me closing some more before it goes back to normal ungrouped view.

Guess it depends on how many there are in that grouped view; lets say you have 4 Notepads grouped and a lot of other programs in the Taskbar, when you close some of the other programs there must be at least room for the 4 Notepads together, before it "unstacks". Guess the experience can be a little different also depending which the other programs are; if several are the same and also grouped, when you close that group, it could be enough for the 4 Notepads to "ungroup".

As you perhaps know it can be tweaked a bit with MSFT Powertoy Tweak UI.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Re: Grouping taskbar buttons (SP3)

I'll have a look at what I can do with TweakUI - I hadn't thought about using it for this. Thanks.

Ian