Star Lounger
    Thanks

email !null data from table/html form (Access 2007)

I have an HTML form to collect data from request form with check boxes for types, check boxes for yes/no per type, and comment boxes. I need to email !NULL fields to the receiving office for processing. I have a current HTML form submitting right to email and client does not want to see and manually filter email for fields with no valid data. Thus a new form to SQL to Access. Form sends to page with SQL to capture and insert responses into table. Now,,,,,, how to filter just !NULL fields from table (per instance/request) and send in a *nice* form to client?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: email !null data from table/html form (Access 2007)

I think you'll have to use Automation to create an e-mail message in Outlook, loop through the fields of the record and add the names of the blank fields to the message, and send it.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, Tanx for the quick response. Uhhhh, ┐Automation? And it is to add the Not (!) Null fields. Is the bang not correct syntax in Access/SQL? I will use ???. I do have Outlook (Enterprise version). ┐How do I get to this Automation tool? ┐Will it access Access (grin)? ┐Is it a scripting tool?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Automation means controlling one application from another using VBA - in this case, controlling Outlook from Access. See WendellB's tutorial Automation 101 for an introduction and useful links. You'll find examples of automating Outlook if you search this forum for Outlook.Application.

In SQL, you use Is Not Null in the Criteria line to specify that a field should not be blank. In VBA, you use Not IsNull(expression) instead.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Whoa! So much to learn and so little mind, errr, time. I will explore Wendell's tutorial. And, again, 10 Q 4 ur help. Woody's Lounge members are the best! PS. Yoda = NotIsNull; American = Is Not Null (grin).