Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    5 Star Lounger AndrewKKWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,020
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Field Cannot be Updated (2000+)

    Seen this all over the place BUT no solution.

    I have a Main form with a Subform.
    If I try to add a NEW record into the SUBFORM then I get the message
    'Field Cannot be Updated'
    Matters NOT which field I use.
    Press OK then let's me add new record just fine.

    Main Table based on Table A
    Sub form based on table B (Only) , No Calculations
    Table B Has an Autonumber Primarry key which is getting seeded just before the error message.
    Before Update event is firing OK before the message.

    There is NO code running prior to this Access message being generated.

    It appears to be an Access NON Message.

    I tried a complete re-create of the subforms query BUT made NO difference at all.

    No code on the main form interacts with the sub form.

    Relationship is defined between the tables OK.

    Anyone any ideas? First time I have ever seen this behavior but from the Web others have and I for the life of me cannot find a solution, although I suspect it is either non fixible or really silly.
    Andrew

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts

    Re: Field Cannot be Updated (2000+)

    This one is difficult to comment on without seeing the database. Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

  3. #3
    5 Star Lounger AndrewKKWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,020
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Field Cannot be Updated (2000+)

    Solved.

    BUT yet another Dear Bill

    I checked by putting the subform on another form and it was fine.

    So I cleared the Master and Child Link fields
    Saved the main form.

    Then put the identically named master and child link field back in.

    YEP, it was fine.

    Somehow it had Got corrupted but compact and repair certainly did not pick it up
    Andrew

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •