Star Lounger
    Wichita, Kansas, USA

SendMail in Word 2007 not working (VBA Word 2007)

I have an active x button control. The code behind the button is "activedocument.sendmail".

When I have this button in conjunction with a form, and I have protected the document for "filling in forms", the email button quits working and I can't do anything else in the document.
    This all worked ok in Word 2003.
    It may work once or twice when first creating the document, but after I exit and come back in, I can click on the button and nothing happens. Then I cannot type in the form fields in the document. I cannot get to visual basic or to design mode. If I remove protection from the document, sometimes two buttons show up on the screen, but I cannot change anything on them or do anything with them.
    Originally I brought in a document from Word 2003 that was working correctly, into Word 2007 and made some modifications to the form. That is when I first noticed the problem. Then I tried creating a new document, just adding a couple of form fields to the document along with an "email button" and am having the same problems occur.

Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger

Re: SendMail in Word 2007 not working (VBA Word 2007)

Do you have any add-ins installed in Word 2007? If so, you could try starting Word without add-ins by typing
    winword /a
    in the Start | Run... box, to see if the problem disappears.

See Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post> for more info, although it hasn't been updated for Word 2007 (for example, the default template for Word 2007 is Normal.dotm instead if