3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Active Sync Problem

I have Active Sync v4.1 installed on a Desktop and it syncs perfectly with my HP iPAQ hw 6940. The problem is that I want it also to sink with my laptop and after I install Active Sync on the laptop and connect the iPAQ, it causes multiple entries of my contacts and appointments and then because I use Outlook Connector with Outlook, these multiple entries are transferred to Oulook on my computer. I seem to remember that you could set the transfer direction in Active Sync ... that is to say I remember setting something that my transfers were only "one way", from the computer to the iPAQ (and never in reverse), but I cannot seem to find that setting. If there are any other thoughts regarding this problem, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Active Sync Problem

What are you trying to achieve by synchronising to two different PCs?
    You could configure the iPAQ as a guest on one PC or you could disable synch'ing contacts with one of the PCs.

StuartR

Lounger
    Thanks

I suggest that you use airset.com to keep your pc's in sync and only sync your handheld to one of them... at least that seems to work well for me - I sync 3 computers to airset and my handheld to one computer

airset.com is free and has a little utility to handle syncing on the schedule you set

it can also sync to a cellphone over the air (hence "airset"), but I've never used that feature

jeff

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion !!!!!