Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Palm Financial Calculator

Does anyone have a favorite financial calculator add on for a Palm handheld device that they like? Several years ago I bought one called C4 Finance that will no longer "register" when I install it on my Treo 680 and the email address for the author is now dead. Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Palm Financial Calculator

Hi bigaldoc! You can still purchase C4Calc if you like. Pocketgear.com is still selling it on behalf of the author. To make it easier for you I've included a link to the page where you can purchase it:
    http://www.pocketgear.com/en_US/html/displ...255&sf=48190044

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Good morning, Pieter, and welcome to Woody's Lounge! Thanks for the reply and I will probably try to contact PocketGear to see what they say. Push-come-to-shove I will probably buy a second copy, but...

Since I paid for my copy of the program, and I now think the author "protected" it by encoding the "name" of my Palm device, I wrote to him, without reply of course. I have replaced my old Palm m515 with a Treo 680 and assigned to it a new name, so the software will not install. I understand that a software author doesn't know if he can trust my honesty, but I was hoping. Anyway, I may have to buy it again which I think is rough (at $40 a pop!) but I'll do it if need be.

Anyway, thanks for the link and we hope you enjoy your time in The Lounge!

New Lounger
    Thanks

It's very likely Pocketgear customer service will be able to provide you with the contact details of the author. I'd try that first before spending money. If really needed you can also change the hotsync name of your device to match the old device ID you used before. I know there's a little program that allows you to do that, if you need it I'll figure out the name. I know all this because I've worked at the European Palm helpdesk for 3.5 years (april 2000-december 2003).