Lounger
    Thanks

Limitation of Ribbon Control Repurposing (Word 2007)

I am trying to repurpose some controls in Word 2007 ribbons. There are quite some articles on MS and other websites about this topic. They all simply say that controls on ribbons can be repurposed without mentioning any limitations. However, when they provide examples, only buttons (e.g. save, print) and togglebuttons (bold, italic) are used. I have tried to use the same approach on more complex controls, such as the comboboxes (e.g. font), splitbuttons (font color). None of them works.

I am wondering whether only bottons and togglebuttons can be repurposed. If so, why nowhere seems to have mentioned this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Limitation of Ribbon Control Repurposing (Word 2007)

"Any button that performs an action on click can be repurposed using RibbonX (though more complicated control types such as galleries or comboboxes cannot be repurposed). "

quoted from:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163469.aspx

HTH

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Limitation of Ribbon Control Repurposing (Word 2007)

oops. I did not read this article.

Thank you very much. In previous versoins of Word, we can write macros with the same names as built-in commands to intercept them. It also worked for buttons only. I thought the new Word version should be more powerful.Now it seems to be just a change of interface.

I do not understand why MS stops at this step. It allows me to override the Bold button, but does not do the same thing for the change of Font Size.