Thread: Tablet Driver

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tablet Driver

Hello,

I use a wacom tablet. Most of the time it is fine but just occasionally the driver doesn't load properly at windows start up. Is there any way to load a driver manually without rebooting. I was wondering if I could place a short cut to it on the desktop to cut down the amount of mouse navigation needed to launch it. The trouble is I've no idea how to find where the driver is located. Curiously if I launch system properties and device manager it tells me that I don't have a driver installed for Wacom. There's a yellow question mark where the driver details should be. Yet the pen is working fine so something must be loaded somewhere.

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tablet Driver

I don't have a quick answer, but in recent years there are so-called tablet computers (which take input from the pressure-sensitive screen) and conventional computers that take, as in your case (I presume) and sometimes mine, input from a Wacom tablet.

With plug and play, the Wacom tablet causes the computer to treat the setup as if it were a tablet computer, which has much lower specs than the proper Wacom driver. I don't have my Wacom tablet with me, but check the Wacom site for drivers, and try to get the Wacom driver installed before the conflicting and inferior plug-and-play driver that thinks the machine is a tablet computer, instead of a conventional computer with a tablet.

You are not the only one with this problem, so keep us posted if you get a decent answer.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tablet Driver

If you succeed in getting the correct Wacom tablet driver installed, go to Control Panel | Additional Options, and you will find an entry for Wacom Tablet Settings, which will allow you to adjust the options and settings to suit your needs.

If you don't find it, then your computer is presumably failing to recognize the Wacom tablet itself.