3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Excel Time Clock Macro (Office XP SP3)

I have a password-protected Excel 2002 workbook. I am looking for a macro/VBA that will close this workbook automatically when there is no activity on keyboard and mouse for a specified period of time.

I did search on the internet. I found Microsoft Excel Time Clock Macro mentioned in some websites. However, there was no detail of it.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Time Clock Macro (Office XP SP3)

Hi Dennis

Does this answer from the Mr Excel forum help you? http://www.mrexcel.com/archive/VBA/7422a.html

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Further to the advice provided by Steve, I would recommend that you heed the advice offered by Hans <!post=here,743057>here<!/post> and implement the Sleep command as provided by Jefferson <!post=here,720767>here<!/post>, in lieu of the Do loop in the page identified by Steve.
    Regards
    Don

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Don

I searched here first as I always do but could not find anything, that is why I searched outside of the lounge. Cheers for updating that

Thanks

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Steve,

I have tried to use the codes on Mr Excel forum, but I have bumped into three problems:

First, this Close Workbook After a Period of Inactivity sub will display a MsgBox. I don’t want this MsgBox showing up.

Second, this sub will not run automatically when the workbook is open. I tried to use the Auto sub and it did not help. This is a password-protected workbook and is not open ‘til the password is entered.

Third, I don’t know where to insert the Sleep command provided by Don Well into Mr. Excel’s codes.