Lounger
    Thanks

Corel X3 Wordperfect Printer problem (SP2)

I have been using Corel X3 Wordperfect 12 on an XP machine for some time and I have been printing to a Brother HL-1430 laser printer but the print function has failed. This only happens in WP not in QPW or other Corel applications - or in any other piece of software! Corel help has not been able to solve the problem. The normal print options screen appears in the usual way, but the actual Print box is greyed out so nothing prints. I have discovered that if I go to the Print Preview tool bar I can print a document normally, but without any options to select the print settings, and the system default printer is not selected automatically, but can be invoked from one of the print icons on the preview screen. I have uninstalled the printer and re-installed it, and the X3 suite has also been uninstalled an re-installed and SP1 has been run, but the SP2 attempt failed with the comment that wrong version of software caused abort of installation. Brother were unable to provide a solution as it seems to be a Corel or Windows issue. The same refusal to print occurs with an alternative MFC printer.

Any clues to solving this aggravation would be most welcome!

Regards

Thanks

Re: Corel X3 Wordperfect Printer problem (SP2)

Have you tried updating the printer driver?
    Does this happen with all Wordperfect documents, including new ones?
    Is the document size compatible with the printer?

Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Leif,
    I have checked that I have the latest driver, and I have re-installed this. The problem exists with old and new files, and the paper size is standard A4. The printer operates normally with all other applications, including Corel Quattro - but Wordperfect is a no go item!

Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Leif,
    I have checked the Brother site for the latest driver and my setting is current, but I have re-installed the printer. The problem occurs with all WP documents, including new docs. Corel Quattro prints normally as do all other applications. My standard paper size is A4.

Regards