2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tweaking with Services.msc and Wireless now manual (Vista 32 SP1)

Hi All, I was tweaking my services via services.msc, using the recommendations from blackviper.com. Now when I startup my computer, my wireless doesn't run automatically. I went back and set everything back to the way it was, but it is still doing it.
    Does anyone know which service it is that launches wireless automatically?

Oh yeah, I'm also running IE8 beta 2 ... which could be the culprit I guess. Anyway, if anyone can help, it's appreciated very much!

Thanks,

-Jim

Thanks

Re: Tweaking with Services.msc and Wireless now manual (Vista 32 SP1)

Jim,
    I don't have my Vista partition running just now, so I can't cite particulars but have you checked all of the services mentioning "wireless" and also made sure they are set to Automatic mode?
    Right click these and click "dependencies" to see if any other services are dependant on them in order to run.

Another thought. DO you have a System Restore point set from before the changes were made?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tweaking with Services.msc and Wireless now manual (Vista 32 SP1)

Thanks for your response. The Wireless service in services.msc didn't jump out at me at first, but I found WLAN ... changed it from manual to automatic. I haven't rebooted yet, but think that was the one. I'll post back and verify.

--Jim