Thread: Acronis 2009

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Acronis 2009

Hello and greetings,
    A few days ago Acronis True Image Home, launched their latest "UpDate". Build 9646, looks like they fixed quite a few of their initial "bugs" As i am a BIG fan of Imaging software, i would recommend The free trial of 2009http://www.acronis.com/and see if if works for you. I personally use acronis TI-11-8101( as this build works for me and my system) and realize many have had their issues with acronis in their many "builds" That said, now i feel completely free to "mess" around my PC with out too much worry! I have done many "full image recoveries" (because of my own lack of knowledge and doing stupid things) Regards.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Acronis 2009

Hi, I'm still using version 9. I've restored my system countless times with it. I can't imagine why I would need Acronis 2009.

Cheers,

Chris (Hunt)

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Chris,
    Hello I posted the information for any one like me (newbie) who like me (6months ago) didn't even know what "imaging" software is or does. Also from reading wilders security forumhttp://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65 some of the older acronis versions don't work with newer systems or "OS's".Hence the reason for an "update". I don't know if you can get "older versions" I think that you can still buy TI-11 on "E bay" It also seems that acronis versions are very sensitive to what "OS" your using so the only way to check is to download their "Trial" and see for yourself. Regards.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I guess my version might not work with Vista, but I don't know or care as I'll never buy Vista. I suppose it's just possible that Windows 7 might tempt me but not if it has the Digital Rights Management issues that Vista has. My long term view is tilting towards Linux.

Chris