Results 1 to 2 of 2
2008-11-28, 06:54 #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Wheaton, Illinois, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't access Google (Home Premium )
I have not been able to use my Google DESKBAR (**not toolbar**) or even dial up Google with any of the popular web browsers. I get the standard TimeOut error message*. Oddly enough, I just tried using CTRL-I for Google Images, from my Deskbar, and it called up a page of results instantly!
I use PC Tools Firewall Plus, and have checked my blocked sites (I'm not an expert though), and don't see any Google sites blocked. If I turn the Firewall off, the Google problem persists. Since this problem is in Opera, Firefox, MSIE, Flock, and my Deskbar (which I've uninstalled & reinstalled a few times), I really am confounded.
Message from my browsers (Firefox in this case)
* Network Timeout
The server at www.google.com is taking too long to respond.
The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.
* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.
2008-11-28, 22:31 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Re: Can't access Google (Home Premium )
This question has been posted again in <post:=745,137>post 745,137</post:>.
Please don't ask the same question in multiple forums, it can only lead to duplication and confusion.
This thread is locked, please post replies in the other one.