3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

HTML problems - new (XP-sp3)

Has anyone else experienced problems with HTML coding after the latest Windows updates?
    Suddenly, I can no longer open files that I created some time back and some more recently. This was never a problem until now, and it started right after I allowed
    Windows Updates. The filels involve photo editing and display using standard jpg images taken with an older digital PC550 Epson camera with software that was done by Sierra about 8 to 10 years ago, maybe more. Everything worked up until this week. I have Avast! anti-virus which seems to be doing it's job. I tried copying and changing the files from "image expert pictures" (which are standard .jpg) to .jpg through Photoshop , but that didn't help. I noticed a new "Open" just below the standard menu OPEN...........that is also new since the updates. Any ideas? To say it's irritating is an understatment. Thanks for any feedback.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: HTML problems - new (XP-sp3)

Do you get an error message? Have you checked your event logs? Were there any other software changes?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HTML problems - new (XP-sp3)

Hi, Joe
    I tried to find out how to look at my event logs, but neither "run" or "search" could come up with them.........I know I should know how to do this, but I don't.
    As far as error mesages, all I can get is the place holders with an X in the box, indicating there's some kind of problem. I troubleshooted all the code and the
    properties of each picture, and can't find any discrepencies..........All of these photos had been posted with the same html simple code I'm trying to use now, but
    since the update, any postings that were lost in a previous wipe and reload have stopped working. The only other thing I notice is there is now TWO OPEN s
    on the menu that comes up when you double click on the Internet Explorer Icon to open the file. In most of the cases, the second one down the line opens the
    clicked Icon. The "bad" ones just tell me that IE cannot display this file. I uninstalled the Image Expert Program that was identified as the "type of file" instead of
    just plain .jpg, hoping I would be able to use the CHANGE box to find another program in the list to open the 3-photo displays, but that failed over and over. I've
    run out of options at this point.
    If you could show me how to look at the event logs, what would I look for as a clue to the problem, and is there a way I could un-do WINDOWS UPDATES to reverse
    the situation? Sorry to be so long-winded.