Thread: Visio images

New Lounger
    Thanks

Visio images

In a Word97 document I am using Visio to create images of control buttons. Annoyingly the background of the imported image is white - I would prefer it to be transparent, since some of the paragraphs in which the buttons appear are shaded.

Any ideas (in either application) on how to make the background transparent?

TIA

ChrisP

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Visio images

Hi, Chris. Didn't see any other response, so I'm willing to take a shot at it. Because I have no idea what your images look like, could you email them, or a sample, to me? techsupportgirl@home.com

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Visio images

Yep thats odd

It also falls over if you export the graphic from Visio as a GIF with transparency.

You have three workaround options as far as I can see.
    1. After putting the graphic in Word, right click and format picture and set the background colour to White and click transparency. This gives you a partial showthrough.
    2. In Visio make the area you want to appear transparent the same colour as the background shading in the Word paragraph. Now bring it into Word.
    3. Under duress I would add that if you float the graphic then it stays transparent. If you choose this option may Bill have mercy on your soul.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia