3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Radar chart (2002/2003)

We would like to create a radar chart with the median/mean data as a line on the chart, but also have the area between the minimum and maximum values in a color (the range of scores). We have seen this type of radar chart in a report. We just have not been able to replicate it. Anyone know how this is done?

Thanks

Re: Radar chart (2002/2003)

the max as the first series and make it the color your want the range to be filled in
    The min is the 2nd series. Make the plot white to "open" the area unfilled in the whole max area

Now the range will be colored between the min White area and the max colored area

The average is the third area. Make the border wide and the color desired. The Area should be set to "none"

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think this is going to work. I had a little trouble getting the line to be on top, but it looks good now. Thank you.

Thanks

I suppose I was not explicit enough though I am glad you figured it out.

For others I will expand on my comments: The order I listed them is the order for the series (if the chart is already created the series can reordered by dbl-clicking any series to get in the formatted dialog, select the series order tab and reorder them.) They are drawn on the chart from top to bottom, so the last entry is drawn last and will be seen on top of the other items.

You need the MAX down first to fill from zero to the maximum on each leg. Then the minimum fills its white shape over the max shape in the area from zero to the min (making the colored range appear as the sharp-edged "donut" shape.)

The average is the last series as it is drawn on top of the others. It has no fill color, so only the border is visible and it does not hide any of the other layers.

If done in a different order it will not work correctly as the max shape will hide either of the other entries. [The min will not overwrite the average unless the average has lower values than the minimum]

Steve