3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

GETPIVOT producing #VALUE (Excel 2000)

Hi,

I have an Excel spreadsheet built in Excel 2003 which has pivot tables and other sheets refer to the data in those table using the GETPIVOT command, when I move the spreadsheet to an Excel 2000 machine at some point in time the GETPIVOT cells all become #VALUE, if I recreate the sheet in the Excel 2000 version referencing the Pivot table the GETPIVOt command works fine.

Is there a compatibility issue with GETPIVOT between Excel 2000 and Excel 2003

Thanks.

Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: GETPIVOT producing #VALUE (Excel 2000)

The syntax changed between Excel 2000 and Excel 2002.

In Excel 2000, the syntax is =GETPIVOTDATA(PIVOTTABLE,NAME). This is also recognized by later versions.
    In Excel 2002 and later, the default syntax is GETPIVOTDATA(DATA_FIELD,PIVOT_TABLE,FIELD1,ITEM1,. ..). This is not recognized by Excel 2000.

You could rewrite the formulas to use the Excel 2000 syntax. See HOW TO: Use the GetPivotData Worksheet Function in Excel 2000.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: GETPIVOT producing #VALUE (Excel 2000)

Thanks Hans,

As I have a large spreadsheet with many tabs and GETPIVOTs this would be a major exercise, so I will not allow the spreadsheet to be used on earlier versions of Excel.

Regards

Mike