2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Title Bar & Tabs not showing (2003)

I'm trying to help an off-site user with this problem: each workbook she opens in excel starts in a minimized window - when she maximizes it, the title bar and sheet tabs are not visible. I know she can make the minimized window larger manually to retain the title and sheet tabs, but is there something she can do so this doesn't happen every time she opens a workbook (new or old)?
    Thank you!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Title Bar & Tabs not showing (2003)

Odd, sheet tabs should be visible. Does she have them turned off in tools, options, view, sheet tabs?
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

She has checked this option and assures me it is ticked. This strange behaviour just started today. She has exited the program and gone back in to see if something would fix itself but no luck. She explains to me that when she maximizes the window, it's as if the window becomes too big for her screen and cuts off the top and bottom....at the top, the first thing she sees is her toolbars. I'm thinking of the normal.dot in WORD when I say this, but does personal.xls in Excel ever become corrupt? I don't know if that could possibly have anything to do with this behaviour or not. I'll be seeing this person tomorrow so possibly when I see this for myself, something else may be apparent.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Let her try Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post>.