Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing Search Results (XP Pro SP3)

Is there a way to print out the search results from a search in XP?

We're searching across an entire network for files with a certain extension and we presently use screen captures and cut and paste the graphic files but I wonder if there's an easier way or a utility that will give us printout.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

Re: Printing Search Results (XP Pro SP3)

What search tool are you using? The original XP tool? Windows Desktop search? Google desktop search? Other?

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks

We're using the search that comes up when you click on the Start button on the taskbar - I guess that's the original XP tool. Is there a way to print those results?

Also, in reading your post, I suspect there's something better and would appreciate any advice in that area.

Administrator
    Thanks

Yes, there are others that are better than original XP search. If you want to stick with a Microsoft product see Windows Search. It is now the standard search product for Microsoft desktop operating systems. That is all we use at work and all I use at home. In the non-Microsoft area check out Copernic - Software to Search, Find, and Manage Information - one of the original search add-ons. Well thought of by many. Also, see Google Desktop - Features. Another that is well thought of by many.

If you care to look for more products and see other opinions check out the links at desktop search - Live Search. Be aware of the publication dates of some of the opinion pieces.

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks

You can't print the search results using Microsoft Search. I'm not sure about the other products mentioned in my previous post.

Joe
    Joe