2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Changing Sender Information (2003)

Hi there

I am trying to use Outlook to send emails from two different names. My outlook is set up to receive emails from amanda.battye@btconnect.com, however, when I do work for another company, I'd like them to see a different email address as the sender. I can get my emails forwarded into Outlook no problem. I have switched on the option in my new emails to choose the from field (View Menu - From Field) ie, who the email is from. However when I do this the sender information is
    "Amanda Battye [amanda.battye@btconnect.com]; on behalf of; amanda.glover@agaccounts.com".

I don't want my personal email address being displayed at all, so I just want the sender information to be amanda.glover@agaccounts.com.

I am not on exchange server. Is this possible?

Many thanks

Amanda

Thanks

Re: Changing Sender Information (2003)

I'm not sure what you mean by "forwarded." If you set up both accounts in Outlook -- so you are retrieving from both servers directly -- a new Accounts button should appear on the Standard toolbar for the message. This lets you change the sending account for that message.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thanks for your reply

I have not set up 2 accounts in Outlook, I simply wanted to change the name of the sender without doing anything like that. Is this possible?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Manipulating the 'from' address is a common trick of spammers. You can do it with some coding but you should not. You really need to set up another account.

Joe
    Joe