4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Forms and User Queries (2000)

Hello, I have built a user form to make selections that run into a number of queries. On one of the queries has the criteria: "in (x,y,z)" etc. On my form there would be the option to select three different types of criteria to feed into the "in" statment from say combos A,B andC. How would I word the coding in my criteria to accep these values. Say the form is "userForm". I am comfortable with the basic [forms]![formNAme]![control] but get confused beyond this.

Thanks Darren.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Forms and User Queries (2000)

Could you try to explain more clearly and in more detail what you want to accomplish?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

For sure, I have a user form that feeds into a query the selections from a combo, I have this working fine now. The part I am struggling with is how to adapt my form to allow the user to say select students who are studying maths, english but not to show any of the students studying them if studying science. I know how to word this on the criteria line of the query but not sure how to model so users can put this in from a form..

Thanks

I would think that a better way of modelling this would be to have 2 multi-select list boxes - 1 for subjects to include and one for excluded subjects.

You would need to use VBA to construct the In clauses but it would give your users more flexibility.
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro