Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Reset Filters at save (2002)

I have a workbook with several sheets, some of which have filters. I have code attached to the save event that reset's all filters to NULL before save. This code is in "This Workbook".

I have (in a standard module) a piece of code that highlights the top cell of any filtered columns. This is called from each individual sheet code.

My problem is: If more than one sheet is filtered at the save event, all filters are reset, but only the active sheet's filter colour is reset. I am attaching the code, I think the problem is with "Set ws = wb.ActiveSheet", but can't find a way around it. Help.....

Added later:

I think "Set ws = wb.ActiveSheet" is OK. Maybe I need to add the colour reset to the save event following the filter reset, but I am unsure how?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reset Filters at save (2002)

I am adding a sample file.
    If you filter column G in both sheets 1 & 2 to 1.00, the header's of column G will show red on both sheet's. Saving the file will reset both filters to non-filtered, and the colour of the active sheet header will return to normal, but the additional sheet(s) remain red. I think I need to reset this at the save event, but am unable to find the correct syntax. Thanks

Thanks

The problem is that the coloring of the filters work ONLY on the active worksheet. You need to make it general to work an any worksheet.

Try the attached code modifications

Steve

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thankyou Steve, very much appreciated!!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Steve, trouble is, as one thing gets fixed, another falls apart... I now need to bring these two projects (back) together.

I have attached a piece of code that is from a different workbook, and looks up the workbook that you kindly ammended the code for. Prior to this being added, the look up worked fine, keeping in mind that it previously contained no code, and no formula's, and now contains both, (one =today() formula to allow the calculation).

When I run the code in the other workbook, which opens, sorts and looks up this one, since the code has been added, there is a conflict and the routine never finishes (until I quit via task manager). I have tried removing the volatile formula, no change. Is there a way to open the file with macro's strictly disabled? Or can you see any other reason for the conflict?

It may be difficult to provide a sample file, but please let me know if that is the only way. I have put some comments in the text file.

Many Thanks

Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by sdckapr on 11-Dec-08 20:56. Added PS)</P>I would need a sample file to work through or you would have to debug and be more specific on what the problem is.

Steve

PS one thought is that the code is just very slow. It runs the setting the color at every calculation. you might try turning calculations to manual when you start your routine, then turn it to auto and then calculate...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Steve,
    Only the one thought was needed, spot on! Thankyou.