Thanks

Windows Live Mail contacts (build 14.0)

I just installed Windows Live Mail in Vista Home Premium. When I opened it, it automatically imported the mail accounts (2 Comcast accounts) from Windows Mail, including the contacts.

When I add contacts from within Live Mail, these new contacts do not show up in Windows Mail, or in Vista Contacts. I am fine with that, but I would like to know where they are stored so I can be sure they are backed up. Can anyone help with that?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Live Mail contacts (build 14.0)

Windows Live Contacts are stored in Cocuments and Settings<windows username>Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftWindows Live Contacts<email address>.

You may be interested in Making your Windows Live Contacts work with Windows Contacts.

Thanks

Thanks Hans.

That looks like the Windows XP path. Do you know the location in Vista? I've done searches using that path as a guideline, but no luck yet.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I found that path on a Windows Vista website, but the Vista equivalent would be

C:Users<windows username>AppDataLocalMicrosoftWindows Live Contacts<email address>.

Thanks

OK I got it now! Thanks

I read over the page you linked to above. I would like to have the contacts sync as in that article. Have you come across any way to do it without the need to have a Windows Live account and install Live Messenger? I am going to set this up for someone, but they do not want Live Messenger installed.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, no, this is the only way I found in Google. You could see if you can find something; I'm sure there are more users who'd rather avoid Windows Live Messenger.

Thanks

OK thanks.

And to share what I've found so far, when I set up Live Mail with a hotmail account, it syncs with the online hotmail contacts. When I set it up with a Comcast account, it stores its contacts in the location you specified above.

My next task is to find out what happens when you have both a pop3 and a hotmail account.