2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Summary Information for filtered tasks (2003)

I have a project with two defined phases. Task dates can overlap so that a task in the first phase can start after tasks in the second phase. Each task has a logical flag, e.g. first phase yes/no. I can filter on this flag and see only first phase tasks but the totals displayed for each summary task and the project total reflect all tasks (phase one and two).

How can I product a report that shows only Phase One hours and end dates?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Summary Information for filtered tasks (2003)

After some research in other Project Forums I found a partial solution to this Project "feature." I was able to use the Project/Group By to divide the tasks into Phases. The Group header for each Phase does show total Work (hours) for that Phase.

The resulting display can include Summary Tasks except:
    1) A Summary Task will be listed once even if tasks under this Summary Task are in different Phases
    2) Summary Tasks show total Work for all tasks regardless of Phase so the display is not helpful below the Phase total level

Also, the tasks and Summary Tasks are not displayed indented like they are in the original plan so formatting is an issue.

This seems like a reporting requirement that could occur in many projects - break out tasks with Summary totals and dates by a selection criteria and print a report for for only the selected tasks. Selection criteria could include: Phase, Task Manager, Department, etc.