2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Groups inside the detail section of a report (Access 2007)

I have to make a delivery report into which the detail section has to hold two kind of items : 1) dangerous products and 2) nondangerous products. A field 'ADR" in the table tblArticle is true for dangerous products and false for nondangerous . To get all dangerous products together in the detail section is it sufficient to make a group based on the field ADR or do I also have to make a second group special for the nondangerous products?.
    Sometimes, but mosty not, some of the items in the report are related to this dangerous products. Thus , some reports will need occasionally some space in the detail section of the report for the presentation of this dangerous items. But what if this isn't the case ? Is it sufficient to make it possible for this part of the detail section that it can grow and shrink, in order to prevent a white space in the report when there are no dangerous items ? When dangerous products are present, a sum of the total weight of this products has to be calculated and present in this section, for which i believe a running sum will be OK. Also , when dangerous products are present, in this section a special text has to preceed this items ,for which i believe a adequate condition in the formatsection of this section is all that is necessary to make this possible, Am I wright for what about my assumptions?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Groups inside the detail section of a report (Access 2007)

>is it sufficient to make a group based on the field ADR
    Yes

>Is it sufficient to make it possible for this part of the detail section that it can grow and shrink, in order to prevent a white space in the report when there are no dangerous items ?
    Yes and you should set the Can Grow and Can shrink properties of the textbox('s) also to Yes

>Also , when dangerous products are present, in this section a special text has to preceed this items ,for which i believe a adequate condition in the formatsection of this section
    Something like :
    Me.SpecialText.Visible = Me.ADR
    Francois