Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Snapshot Viewer (2000)

This is not a panic, but I'm just curious. I couldn't open a snapshot file on a friend's XP computer with Access 2000 loaded. (It didn't recognize the file type). So I tried installing the free Snapshot Viewer program. The installation started up and then required me to insert an Office Pro disk which the friend didn't have. This is the first time I ever had this problem, as the viewer normally installs all by itself. Any idea as to what's going on there?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Snapshot Viewer (2000)

That's strange indeed - the Snapshot viewer is intended for users who don't have MS Office. What happens if you cancel the prompt - does the installation get cancelled?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Snapshot Viewer (2000)

Unfortunately we're leaving on a month's vacation day after tomorrow and I won't have tme to pursue this one until I get back. Actually my biggest problem was trying to transfer my wife's DB over to our friend's computer as it turns out they were running Access 2000 whereas we use 2003. I converted the DB to 2000 format, but then discovered that there are several features not compatible with 2000 -- mainly those where I pass parameters in code to a print report command. 2000 doesn't seem to work with those parameters.