New Lounger
    Thanks

attachment appearing in text window OE6 (win XP home SP3)

I am using Outlook Express 6 with Win XP Home SP3. When I attach an image to an email as an Attachment it does not appear in the text body part of the email in either the Create New Mail window ( or Reply window if used ), the Outbox or Sent Items folders. However, when received, the image appears beneath the text as well as in the attachment. I am not using Insert > Picture from the New Message toolbar to make this happen - it just happens. I have looked through past postings on the subject of attachments on this Forum and in my books but I can't find any mention of this problem. In fact, one of my books states categorically ' attached documents will not appear in the body of the email image '. Does anyone know how to prevent an attached image also appearing in the body of the email, please.
    Thank you.
    Dave Dale

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: attachment appearing in text window OE6 (win XP home SP3)

See O.E. embeds images of attachments in the body of a note for a discussion about this 'feature'. There is a link to SlideShow which explains how to disable this.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Joe,
    Thanks for the info. The only problem with using ' Read all messages in Plain Text ' is that I will miss images embedded in emails that are received by myself. I'm also not sure if unchecking ' Read all messages in Plain Text ' works for the recipient of the email as well as the originator. A good compromise seems to be the suggestion to leave a large blank space following the text. The recipient is unlikely to scroll if the email seems to be finished and will open the attachment.
    Dave Dale.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

"Read all messages in Plain Text" is a local user setting. If you have it set that has no effect on me and whether or not I have it set has no impact on you.

Joe
    Joe