4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

2007 on my machine...EDGADS !!! (2007)

Crew...

Came back to work today after a month on disability; & the office IT guy had replaced my old version of Access (2000) w/ the new version (2007, as part of our office upgrading to Office 2007).

With my old version...[our community architectural database resides on our central server (our F drive)]; & when our office members who need access to the database double-clicked on a desktop shortcut...up popped Access w/ a prompt dialog type window asking what view the user needs. We would select Tables > & then the appropriate database; & the table would load correctly.

Now...w/ Access 2007...the shortcut brings up a blank screen w/ a Navigation bar at the left. To get to the database itself, one needs to open that navigation bar & go to Tables; & then open the particular database table.

So...what I need to do is...now that I have the Tables up...I would like that old style window to come up, w/ the last viewed database (in Table view) to be highlighted (or...some reasonable facsimile...so as to make Tables the default view as a selection...to be able to go right into the table of choice.

is this possible ??? (hope I made sense out of this inquiry)

Thanks,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2007 on my machine...EDGADS !!! (2007)

There are several utilities and add-ins that provide a "classic" database window in Access 2007, such as Access Extra and DBC2007, but you might want to give the new interface a bit more time - perhaps you'll get to like it eventually.