2008-12-18, 03:40 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Montreal, Quebec
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Formatting date - caps (Office XP)
I want to format my date with the first letter of the month capitalize.
My Windows and Excel are in French and usually the month does not take a capital on the first letter unless it's a title.
I want to format my date to show January 2009. I
I personalized my format but can't seem to make the "J" in caps.
Any ideas how I could do this?
Montreal (Quebec) CANADA
Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!
+ Get this BONUS — free!
Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!
2008-12-18, 03:58 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Re: Formatting date - caps (Office XP)
I don't think you can do this with the French names of the months such as janvier etc.
But you can specify that Excel should use English names even on a French system:
- Select the cells you want to format.
- Select Format | Cells...
- Activate the Number tab (#1 in the screenshot)
- Select Date in the list of categories (#2 in the screenshot)
- Select English (UK) or English (United States) from the Locale dropdown (#3 in the screenshot).
- Select a date format.
- If you want to customize it, select Custom in the list of categories AFTER selecting a format that resembles the one you want.