2008-12-18, 03:40 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
- Montreal, Quebec
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Formatting date - caps (Office XP)
I want to format my date with the first letter of the month capitalize.
My Windows and Excel are in French and usually the month does not take a capital on the first letter unless it's a title.
I want to format my date to show January 2009. I
I personalized my format but can't seem to make the "J" in caps.
Any ideas how I could do this?
Montreal (Quebec) CANADA
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!
+ Get this BONUS — free!
Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!
2008-12-18, 03:58 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Re: Formatting date - caps (Office XP)
I don't think you can do this with the French names of the months such as janvier etc.
But you can specify that Excel should use English names even on a French system:
- Select the cells you want to format.
- Select Format | Cells...
- Activate the Number tab (#1 in the screenshot)
- Select Date in the list of categories (#2 in the screenshot)
- Select English (UK) or English (United States) from the Locale dropdown (#3 in the screenshot).
- Select a date format.
- If you want to customize it, select Custom in the list of categories AFTER selecting a format that resembles the one you want.