5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting a video into a PPT presentation (PowerPoint 2003)

Edited by StuartR to add <!t><!/t> before the link and <!t><!/t> after it. This makes the link active.

I am interested in inserting this video into a PPT presentation: http://www.pond5.com/stock-footage/94920/h...lpha-matte.html. However, before purchasing it, I just wanted to confirm the following:

1. Can this be embedded into a PPT presentation?
    2. If so, is there a way to program the PPT so that it plays only the first half of the video so that I donít get the second part where it replays in black and white? If not, is there a program you can suggest that can help me to delete the second half of the video so that I only embed the first half (in color)?
    3. Is there a simple way to change the background to white in PPT or in some other program? The only other programs I have that I think are capable of doing such a thing are Dreamweaver and Flash, but I suspect those are only good for design in html.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserting a video into a PPT presentation (PowerPoint 2003)

Hi JMT

I cannot exactly answer your question but being at a loose end this morning (Dog got me up at 4am because of the foxes), I have simulated this for you using animation in PP, it is not as good as the original but it might pass for your requirements. Due to the sheer number of roses that I have used and each has its own animation the file is 900kb, so if you want it you would need to PM me your email address. Although I have not used it I understand that the size could be significantly reduced by changing it to flash.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Regarding question 2, while I donít know that PPT can be programmed to only play the first half of a video clip, I have figured out a way to cut out that part of a video that one does not want to include in a PPT prior to inserting it. It only works if Windows Movie Maker is installed.

1. In Windows Movie Maker, import the relevant video.
    2. Navigate to the frame that represents the moment in which you want to split the video.
    3. Select split.
    4. Drag the portion of the video you want to the Storyboard.
    5. Under Publish, select ďThis computerĒ (if you donít publish the video portion, it will not be in a format that can be viewed in Windows Media Player and other video readers).
    6. Select the name, location, and quality of the video.
    7. Select publish.

This is a free way to get clips from your favorite videos prior to importing them into PPT.

Now to see if anyone can figure out the many other PPT questions I have recently posted.

Regards,

JMT

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi JMT

I have had a search and found this site which allows you to Convert_PP_to_flash for free and it reduce the PP slide from 900kb to 96.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)