5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Delay between slides (PowerPoint 2003)

In my PPT, I noticed that after the last image in some of my slides fades away, the slide remains visible for about 1 or 2 seconds before the first image of the following slide fades in. Is there a way to program the presentation such that the first image of the following slide fades in immediately after the last image of the previous slide completely fades out?

Regards,

JMT

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delay between slides (PowerPoint 2003)

Make sure that you haven't specified the delay in the slide transition or elsewhere. There shouldn't be a delay if you haven't specified it implicitly or explicitly.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Hans,

As far as I can tell, no such setting is applied. You can take a look at my Slide Transition pane (attached), which shows that the slides are set to Auto-Transition after 0 seconds. The problem is not that there is a delay prior to the start of each new slide; rather, I have noticed in the Advanced Timeline that each slide continues for about a second even after the last image has faded away. I'm trying to program it to immediately transition after the image has faded.

On a related note, I just tried using the Record Narration function in PPT and when I didnít like the result, I pressed control + Z to get rid of it. However, now there is a 5 second delay prior to my PPT (both the music and the first image appear after 5 seconds). I checked to make sure that both are set to begin at 0 seconds, and indeed, they are set as such under Timing under Custom Animations. The 5 second delay doesnít happen if I view the PPT by clicking Play under Custom Animation; it only appears if I viewing the PPT by pressing shift + F5.

Any idea as to how it was a few minutes ago?

Regards,

JMT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I have no idea.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Regarding the delay that appeared just before the presentation started, I fixed it by deleting the insertion of audio and then reinserting a link for audio. PPT users: beware of that Record Narration feature so that it doesnít happen to you!

Regarding getting the slides to transition faster without that 1 second delay between them, I still havenít figured it out Ö