Star Lounger
    Thanks

Menus have disappeared (2000)

I recently installed JustWrite Office, an extra program from WACOM when I bought a graphics tablet. This program is supposed to integrate with Office programs. However, I moved the Word menu bar up, and it has disappeared. Now I cannot access ANY of the menus. I've tried uninstalling the JustWrite, and uninstalling and re-installing my Office. Still, no access to menus in Word.

Any ideas anyone please? I called Wacom tech support and they said to re-install the JustWrite (which obviously hasnt worked); I'll be calling them tomorrow, but I'm not convinced they'll have an answer.

Many thanks

Thanks

Re: Menus have disappeared (2000)

Try going to Tools - Customize, then look on teh Toobars tab. You may have to use the scroll bar to see all the possible ones. Is there a tick in the Menu Bar box? (See screenshot below - it's from Word 2003, but the principle is the same in Word 2000.)

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you don't have a menu bar, you can't select Tools | Customize, of course.

Does the menu bar appear if you move the mouse pointer to the top of the screen?

If not: do you have at least one visible toolbar? If so, right-click it and select Customize from the popup menu.

Otherwise, you should be able to activate the customize dialog by pressing Alt+T, then C.

Something else to try: Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post>.

Thanks

<hr>If you don't have a menu bar, you can't select Tools | Customize, of course.<hr>

I'm glad you thought of this Hans. I woke up this morning with the same thought that this was the flaw in my suggestion.

Ian