5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PPT video effects (PowerPoint 2003)

I have inserted a video into a PPT presentation. Although the sound plays normally, the video is playing in slow motion, thus finishing several seconds after the sound has already completed. Does anyone know how to restore the video to normal timing? It plays fine, with both video and sound synchronized, when I open the file in Windows Media Player.

I think the problem may actually be my computer; perhaps it requires too much memory and my system canít keep up. I definitely notice that when I am playing the video by clicking Play in the Custom Animation (as opposed to viewing it by clicking Shift + F5), the problem is less serious.

On another note, is there a way to play a video backwards in PPT?

Regards,

JMT

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PPT video effects (PowerPoint 2003)

Since I can't see your computer, I cannot confirm or deny your suspicion.

PowerPoint itself doesn't support playing a video backwards (as far as I know). There is probably third-party software that lets you reverse a video, I'd search in Google.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I know I was told by the salesperson that this was an excellent and fast laptop when I purchased it (HP Pavilion DV2500, AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 TL-60, 4.00 GB), but truth be told: itís been very slow ever since I bought it. It takes forever to start up, etc. I donít know if itís my programs or if I got a lemon. Itís definitely a post that is coming soon, as soon as I get this PPT out of the way (due Tues.).

Regards,

JMT

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

That system should perform reasonably well. If you have startup issues you ought to use something like AutoRuns for Windows to check what is starting when you boot the system. If you want to more fully discuss performance please start a thread in the Vista or Hardware forum.

Joe
    Joe