Lounger
    Thanks

WOPR 2003 on Vista 64 bit (SP1) (Word 2003 SP3)

Clean install of Vista (x64); clean install of Office 2003 + WOPR 2003.

Starting Word produces this error:

[In the title bar of the Error Window:] Error reading from Registry!

"Unable to locate WOPR 2003's program folder (). Please reinstall the application to correct this problem."

Once the error Window closes, Word and the WOPR macros appear to function normally. However, I haven't had time to try to set up Enveloper yet. Conventional reinstall doesn't change anything. May also try 'Repair' installation with UAC turned off.

Since I have successfully run WOPR 2003 on Vista 32 bit for a couple of years, I am tentatively assuming this a 64-bit Registry thing. Anyone aware of a hack to fix it?

** Merry Christmas and all good wishes for the New Year **

Thanks

Re: WOPR 2003 on Vista 64 bit (SP1) (Word 2003 SP3)

I don't use any version of Vista, but it seems unlikely that MS would change the location of the registry keys between 32 and 64-bit versions. Perhaps, though, you are running with slightly different security settings on your 64-bit install than you were on your 32-bit install?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WOPR 2003 on Vista 64 bit (SP1) (Word 2003 SP3)

jscher2000: Thanks for the reply. My experience has been that Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 necessitated moving the Security Level to 'Low" in order to allow the WOPR macros to run. This has not varied on Vista 32 or 64 bit.

I haven't gone full bore to troubleshoot this thing, but it seems only the 'WOPR Commander' fails to load. Almost never used it anyway, so the loss of functionality is negligible (until I discover whether or not Enveloper works).

Maybe after the holidays I'll email Woody to see if he has encountered this particular glitch. With his much proclaimed dislike of the Ribbon in Word 2007, perhaps he still uses Word 2003.

If I ever do find the fix, I'll post it here.

Thanks again.