Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Last line of text cut in half

I use an HP Photosmart C6280 all-in-one printer. It connects to my home network via Ethernet cable to the router. My main computer connects to the router via Ethernet cable. A laptop connects wirelessly. Both computers share the printer. I use MS-Word for all word processing.

The problem is that on occasion, the last line of text in a document gets cut off horizontally. Only the top half of all characters on that last line is printed. This happens only with text, never with photos. I have been unable to detect a pattern. The problem does not seem related to a particular font or font size. Also, when the problem occurs, a second or third attempt will get good results. Weird, huh? Any suggestions? I posted to HP's user forum, but after four days I've gotten no replies.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Last line of text cut in half

Hi Lucas,

These types of problems are most often caused by the print driver. I highly doubt the problem comes from Word. If in Word, when you do a print preview, you probably see the entire last line of text?? If this NOT true, then adjust the margins of the page. (Just ensure that it is not too close to the edge of the page.) Your best bet is to open up the HP print driver program and browse around to see if there is any settings you can adjust that may sort out the issue. Try looking for paper size settings etc that can be changed via the driver application.

Sorry I cannot be more specific. Thought I'd just add my 2 cents worth! (Who knows...it may just be useful!)

Cheers
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Inkjet printers usually have a relatively large non-printing area at the bottom of the page, from 0.5 to 1.0 inches. Make sure that the bottom margin of your document isn't too small.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I don't believe the problem has anything to do with a non-printing area. I failed to mention that the problem appears with text that's right in the middle of the page—a long way from any margin limits. Maybe I'll try contacting the manufacturer's on-line chat help. Perhaps they can sort it out.

Thanks

According to this datasheet, the C6280 supports bordlerless printing so I don't think it's a margin problem. I would agree with Rudi that it is most likely a driver or paper-size setting issue.

Thanks

Just a thought - is it 'standard' text that is not printing, or a text-box or WordArt?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

No text boxes or WordArt. Just plain old text. Once it occurred with the last line of a maiing label, which displayed in a table set-up.