4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Make Report Text Box Variable Info (2007)

I'm looking for some suggestions for an end user who wants to be able to customize a text box on a report, for example including current info, without having to go into design view to modify the report design. I'm wondering if the report can prompt for information for a text box when the report is run, and if the prompt is left blank, print with no info. Thanks in advance for any ideas!
    egghead

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Make Report Text Box Variable Info (2007)

You could place a text box on the report with control source =[Enter Text Here]
    When the report is opened, the user will be prompted to enter some text. This text will be displayed on the report.
    Note: if the text box is in the detail section, the same text will be displayed in all records.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Hans suggestion is the simplest, but I think it is more user friendly to launch the report from a form, and type the comments into a text box on form.

The text box on the report can retrieve the comments from the form, as in the attached demo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    John

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I like both ideas! In my case I have a form that is used for the parameter values, so I can use the second idea of using a form. That will make is very easy for the end user and only a little more design work to accomplish it.

Thanks for the help!
    egghead