Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Command Line email (sendemail 1.55)

I don't know how often I've wanted this, but I've finally found it.

At work, we use an email system that doesn't provide me the ability to send an email at a scheduled time. Today, I discovered a need to do just that, and with luck, found a nice little command line utility to do it.

sendemail has the ability to send SMTP email, with a few options such as sending file attachments, sending file contents as the message body, etc....

I've placed the command line within a batch file that will be running at five minutes into the new year (Toronto / New York time), to let me know the outcome of an automated task. Since I'll be out enjoying the night, I want to know if I need to fix something before staff starts cutting work orders later that day.

sendemail is available on various platforms, including Linux, BSD, OS X, and Windows98 and higher. The website doesn't mention Vista, however it is running on my Vista client at work.
    Christopher Baldrey

Thanks

Re: Command Line email (sendemail 1.55)

Have you never used BLAT, which has been around for decades? (One, at least!)
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Command Line email (sendemail 1.55)

Ahh.... no. I have never used BLAT. However, it's another of those little utilities that could come in handy, in the future.

Thanks for the info!
    Christopher Baldrey