Lounger
    Thanks

Palm Sync Programs

I just got a Visor Deluxe ($99 at Frys!) and am looking for a program to let me sync to Schedule+ 7.5 on my work PC. There are at least three programs that support this: CompanionLink, Intellisync (PumaTech), and DeskTop To Go (DataViz). I have been looking for comparative reviews of these products, but have not been able to find any. I have demo versions of each product that I can try, but I don't have any feeling for what I should be testing. I have installed the Intellisync product and it seems to work fine, but I wonder how the other products would compare. If the functionality is similar, I am likely to just get the cheapest product. Any comments would be appreciated.

jrizzo

Re: Palm Sync Programs

I've used both Intellisync and Desktop to Go (DTG) extensively with my Palm. Both are excellent products however I've chosen to use DTG. The interface is intuitive and easy to use. Troubleshooting is a breeze and every effective. The company has an excellent reputaton and is responsive to it's clients.

I've tried others but have not yet found anything that approaches the accuracy and simplicity of DTG. You won't regret either, but I think that you'll find DTG easier to use overall. Good luck.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I also have experience with both Intellisync and Desktop to Go and greater prefer the latter. Specifically, I was having great difficulties with syncing an old Palm IIIe with Outlook (Pocket Mirror is not included with the IIIe distribution). While the retail version of Pocket Mirror which we added on was a nightmare, DTG was smooth like butter. Good luck!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

DataViz is very good about notifying you when they issue an update to Desktop to Go, and I highly recommend you download and install any they bring out. I've been using it for several years and have been very happy with it. It's easy to understand and use and has given me no problems at all.
    Charlotte