4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

hppusg.exe (SP3)

When I booted my PC this morning I received the following error message. "hppusg.exe has encountered a problem and will have to close. Do you want to send an error report to Microsoft?"
    I did a google search for hppusg.exe but could find no definitive information. There were, however, several offers to do a scan for hppusg problems, but I fear these sort of offers sometimes cause more problems than solutions.
    Does anyone have info as to what hppusg.exe actually is? And what should I do about it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: hppusg.exe (SP3)

It appears to be an application that provides "HP Usage Tracking" for HP printers. You could reboot your PC to see if the problem reoccurs. If not, you may not need to do anything. But if it does, you could rename the file hppusg.exe (in the folder C:Program FilesHPHP UTbin) to something like hppusg.old. That would prevent Windows from starting the application.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: hppusg.exe (SP3)

This may not be of any solace but assuming the mentioned program is a "legit" one from HP and something that you don't mind running...

Every once in a "blue moon" I have a similar situation at boot that I've deemed not worth chasing, it happens so seldom. One of my two Logitech programs for mouse and keyboard evidently fails to start and I get a message similar to yours, minus the notify MS part. I guessed that maybe one of the Windows DLLs that it needs hasn't loaded fast enough because if I reboot, it never happens on the second or succeeding boots. It hasn't happened for a long time now!

I'm sure that you've tried a reboot by now, so let us know what YOU decide.
    Attached Images Attached Images