2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Controlling a message is in the outbox of Outlook (ms Access 2007)

In my access program i have code to send a copy of a MS Access table as attachment of a message with MS Outlook 2007 or MS outlook Express
    I wonder if it is possible to setup Outlook such a way,that it minimalize the time necessary to get the email in the outbox and send it, and to give a signal to my program that can be used to generate a message in my program to inform the user that the email is sent. The reason why i like to have this possiblity is for the fact that after being sure that the message is sent, i can append the contents of the original table to another table by mean of archive and delete the records in the original table. Such a way this table can be used again for entering and sending other records. This eliminates the possiblity to send the same records more than once. If for some reason the emails didn't arrived or arrived corrupted at the destination, we have the possiblity to append the records from the archivetable back into the original table and send them again to the destination.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Controlling a message is in the outbox of Outlook (ms Access 2007)

If a message has been sent you have no guarantee that it has been delivered to the recipient(s).
    You could set up Outlook to request a delivery receipt for all outgoing mail, or you could use Automation to create and send the messages and request a delivery receipt for those messages.
    You could then use Automation to scan the inbox for delivery receipts and act accordingly.

By the way, I wouldn't move records to a different table but use a flag (Yes/No field) to indicate whether an e-mail has been sent and received for the record.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Controlling a message is in the outbox of Outlook (ms Access 2007)

Thanks for your advice