New Lounger
    Thanks

graph lines (Microsoft Office Excel 2007)

I am making a graph with the left axis as 0 through 100. I am trying to make the 80 and the line for the 80 bold. How can you select just one line and one # in the axis to make bold?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: graph lines (Microsoft Office Excel 2007)

I admit that I speak under correction here, but I don't think this is possible under normal circumstances in Excel 2007. The gridlines and the axis values are each seen as elements of the chart and you cannot get access to an individual gridline or axis number. The workaround is to manually draw in the line, superimposing over the original gridline, and using a small textbox to cover the axis value and typing 80 into the text box.

If memory serves me correctly, 2003 charts were a little more flexible and one could select items within the elements, but this is not the case with the remodeled graphics engine in 2007.
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could add another series to the chart, with all values set to 80, and display it as a black line.

StuartR

Thanks

Just FYI, 2003 and prior were no more flexible in that respect, sadly.
    Regards,
    Rory
    Microsoft MVP - Excel.