Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print-Preview Auto-minimization (2003 / 2007)

Good afternoon.

When print-previewing Word documents, the preview window often minimizes down to the tool tray, without being intentionally sent there. The problem is that once restored, the tool commands are not functional. I cannot print the document, nor can I do anything else - revise the View magnification, Save the file as a new document, etc. The only option is to close and reopen the document as many times as is necessary to have it opened in a "responsive" mode.

This will be problematic with many users who have to preview the documents in order to ensure accuracy, and/or to create pdf files. (For some reason, we often need to preview Word documents before printing them to Adobe writer to avoid a freeze-up of the document and/or programs.)

Does anyone know why the Word doc intermittently minimizes in this manner, rendering the tool bar commands useless? Is there a "fix" for this, or a different procedure that could be followed to avoid the problem?

Thank.you.

Kevin

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print-Preview Auto-minimization (2003 / 2007)

I've never heard of this problem. Try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post>.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print-Preview Auto-minimization (2003 / 2007)

Since I experience this problem on two computers, one running Word 2003, the other Word 2007, I assumed that it was a common problem. Perhaps not. The common thread, once again, is that each pc is running Vista...

I will read Mr. Rabichow;s suggestions, and see if they help.

Thank you very much.

Kevin