Star Lounger
    Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Missing Sent Items (2007)

The last entry in my Sent Items folder is for December 11. Where might subsequent sent messages have gone? About that time I had good reason to move the location of the pst data file.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing Sent Items (2007)

After you moved the PST file, you were still able to receive and send messages?

Is the correct PST attached under Tools | Email Accounts | click View or change existing email accounts | Next | Deliver new email to the following location

Is this setting checked/ticked: Tools | Options | Preferences tab | Email Options | Save copies of Sent messages in Sent Items Folder?

Have you applied a filter to your Sent Items mailbox? In the upper corner of the message list window look for "(Filter Applied)".
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I can receive and send messages and, yes, the new location of the pst file is shown in the accounts view. And, yes again, the 'Sent messages in Sent Items Folder' box is checked and, no, there is no filter applied. The reason for moving the pst file location? I have a twin disk setup with Win XP SP2 on one disk and Vista HE on the other. I use XP as normal platform but found that if I opened Outlook in Vista it couldn't access the pst file on the XP disk. I was advised (in this forum) to move the pst file to a new location at which point both versions of Outlook are able to use the same pst file.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Does Outlook act the same on both operating systems? Have you checked the data files to make sure there is only one defined?

Joe
    Joe

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

> both versions of Outlook are able to use the same pst file

Do you mean one version of Outlook in both operating systems, or are you running different versions of Outlook in each? Are you using different Profiles in each?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's the same version of Outlook (2007). However I've partially solved the problem. In doing what I did Outlook has created 2 sets of Mail Folders showing down the left hand side of the window with the one complete set on top of the other (which I hadn't noticed when I made the original post). The topmost set is active while the bottom set is locked as at December 11, the date I relocated the pst file. How weird is that? So all I need do is delete the bottom set of personal folders. Thanks, John, for your interest.