3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Trouble selecting e-mail address in macro (Outlook 2000 SR1)

I have a Word document that creates a routing slip in the macro and routes the document. One of the addresses ("Document Services", in this case) refuses to route. I receive a run-time error 4198, and the line containing the .AddRecipient Recipient:="Document Services" is highlighted.

Checking this in Outlook with a blank message, when I type "Document Services" (which is a public folder) in the "To:" field and then Send the message, it says that "Microsoft Outlook found more than one Document Services". Problem is, there are several Calendar files set up as public also; i.e., "Document Services Overtime", "Document Services Correspondence", etc. These all come up in the list, asking for me to choose the correct one.

I need to be able to address e-mail to the Document Services folder in a macro. How do I do that, and avoid the run-time error?

(P.S. - Didn't know whether to post this in the Word or Outlook forum, so if it seems inappropriate, please excuse me.)
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Trouble selecting e-mail address in macro (Outlook 2000 SR1)

Gary, I think there might be several things going on here.

First, you should always resolve the addresses, as in Item.Recipients.ResolveAll

Second, it sounds like you may have an ambiguous name that will not resolve uniquely, that or there is a problem with the destination address. The destination needs to be in either the GAL or your contacts/PAB. One way to get the actual address of a mail items folder is to right click on it, choose properties, click the administration tab, click the button "Add Folder To." This will create a contact and you can go into the email address to get the true address for the folder. For example, I have several public folders in my contacts. One has the address TACOMAInternet StrategyCollaborate, which is the folder path. The parents path is assumed (Public Folders/All Public Folders).

G'Luck!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Trouble selecting e-mail address in macro (Outlook 2000 SR1)

The destination address "Document Services" is in the GAL, exactly as I typed it. The form worked fine in Word 95/MS Exchange; however, when we migrated to Office 2000 last month, our group had several shared Schedule+ files which were converted to Outlook calendars, and given the names of "Document Services Overtime", "Document Services Correspondence", etc. - eight in all.

I can use Properties in the GAB to get to the folder path, which is WCNOC OrganizationsDocument Services. What I do not know is how to use the folder path within my VBA code. Is this folder path useful to me? If so, how?
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.