Lounger
    Thanks

Programatically add a spam email to spam filter (Outlook 2007)

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know of a method to add a spam email address programatically to the spam filter database? By that I mean is there perhaps a macro or an external add-in available for doing this? What I'm trying to do is make right clicking the offending email (that was missed by the Outlook spam filter) and then choosing Junk email - Add sender to blocked senders list a one key press operation. That is, for example, using a macro that is coupled to a specific key or key combination (Alt-s for example) to take the place of the mouse clicking routine. I'd be very grateful for hints and tips on how to do this.
    Cheers, Davy

Thanks

Re: Programatically add a spam email to spam filter (Outlook 2007)

You can add an toolbar icon to do just that. Right click in a blank area (to the right of the toolbar) and select "customize". Under Categories, click on "Actions" and in the Commands section, highlight "Add Sender to Blocked Senders List". Drag this up to the toolbar and drop it.

This will work, but do you really want to do this for EVERY junk email that Outlook's spam filter misses? Your blocked senders list will grow to an enormous size. Wouldn't simply hitting the Delete key suffice?
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions