3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

disappearing Calendars (Office 2007 Ultimate)

Outlook had a new surprise for me today. My Calendars have disappeared. I had four Calendars created and they are all gone .
    I opened my .pst backup file from yesterday's backup and now I have duplicate folders for everything [but the Calendars]. How can I close the file that normally opens with Outlook and choose yesterday's backup file as my working file?

I've used Outlook for years and I still find it confusing.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: disappearing Calendars (Office 2007 Ultimate)

Are you sure you are not in Mail Folders view, where Calendar Folders are not shown until you click the Calendar icon?

I don't think you can close the PST file to which messages are delivered. You can close all other PST files.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, John. I didn't receive an email stating I had a reply to my inquiry. Since my last post, my Calendars have re-appeared. Was I in the Mail Folders view? I don't think so, but I can't say for sure now.

My Outlook has always been funky. Daily, I see a pop-up window telling me that a file has not closed properly and Outlook is trying to repair it. I have run the "repair" feature in Office 2007 and received an all-clear. I don't know what is causing it or how to go about fixing it. I just back-up my Outlook very, very often and expect a crash.

Again, thanks for replying.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

> I didn't receive an email stating I had a reply to my inquiry

We're still having problems with sending out e-mails - see <!post=Teething troubles!,751839>Teething troubles!<!/post>. So I'm afraid you'll have to check for replies in Woody's Lounge itself.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

You might want to try run scanpst (the Outlook PST file repair tool). If you are using cached Exchange mode you'll have an OST instead of PST and the program will be scanost. See How to use the Inbox Repair Tools to recover e-mail messages in Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2007 and Scan and repair corrupted Outlook data files - Outlook - Microsoft Office Online.

Joe
    Joe