4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Media Player (MSACCESS 2003)

I am building a media library database. Someone has now asked if I can build a form with a WMP on it to show selected .mpg's selected in a list. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get me started. Many thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Media Player (MSACCESS 2003)

Wouldn't it be easier to start .mpgs or any other media file in its own application (outside of Access)? Users will be able to control it the way they're used to.
    For that matter, why build a media library? Windows Media Player has its own library database.

However if you insist (and I'm sure you're going to), you can use Insert | ActiveX Control... to place a Windows Media Player control on your form. You'd then have to find out how to control it in VBA., not a pleasant task... See for example Using the Windows Media Player Control with Visual Basic

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Media Player (MSACCESS 2003)

Many thanks Hans for the link and advice. Sure looks fun. User wanting a total media database, documents, pictures, videos etc all in one dedicated customised system. I thought it was just telling the device a path, telling it to start and stop, and not do a moon landing. I will do some searching around. Regards