Thread: KB951847

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have not installed nor downloaded the windows patch for .net framework. (I currently have net framework 2)I do not recall seeing any info about this patch on your website. Windows Secrets Susan Bradley has advised against implementing it and I would like your input. I am on xp

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='HughAsher' post='769369' date='06-Apr-2009 10:36'][/quote]

I've not had any problems installing it on several XP Pro systems at work and one XP Pro system at home. I generally wait a few days then approve updates for installation at work. If you do not have any of the affected versions installed you don't have to intall it. But I'd install it anyway just to be up-to-date. If you install a product that needs one of the affected versions of .NET you'll already have the best version.

Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='769371' date='06-Apr-2009 16:48']I've not had any problems installing it on several XP Pro systems at work and one XP Pro system at home. I generally wait a few days then approve updates for installation at work. If you do not have any of the affected versions installed you don't have to intall it. But I'd install it anyway just to be up-to-date. If you install a product that needs one of the affected versions of .NET you'll already have the best version.

Joe[/quote]

Hi Hugh,
    I have installed the update without a problem as well. You might want to take a look here before you do though..